COACHING FOR PASTORS & MINISTRY LEADERS
“A good coach always coaches to a leader’s potential, not his current level of performance.”
Andy Stanley – North Point Church
What is leadership coaching and why is it important?
Leadership coaching is a series of conversations where leaders get tailored help from experienced coaches to help them unlock their potential and become more effective leaders.
COMPASS provides coaching for pastors and ministry leaders because we understand the challenges they face and because we believe in the importance of their work. We want to invest in ministry leaders, so that the churches and organizations that they lead will also grow and flourish.
How can coaching help you grow as a leader?
Here are some of the areas where a coach could help you grow:
- Improving specific skills to become a more effective leader
- Rethinking your approach to a specific problem or aspect of work
- Using various assessment tools to understand your leadership gifts
- Discerning your unique calling and purpose
- Developing and supervising other leaders in your church or organization
- Understanding how your role will change as your organization grows
- Learning how to respond to conflict as a growth opportunity
- Cultivating courage and a willingness to risk
- Guarding your integrity and establishing healthy patterns
- Growing in your own journey with Christ
How does it work and how much does it cost?
You will be part of a confidential coaching relationship focused of helping you grow – as a leader and as a follower of Christ. Our coaches usually work with leaders for three months – with six coaching conversations during that time. The relationship may be extended for another quarter if both parties are interested.
As a non-profit ministry, we are sustained through donations. For a package of six coaching sessions, the suggested donation is between $250 and $500. It varies based on the financial means of the leader or the organization that may be paying for the coaching.
Who are your coaches and how do I begin?
Our coaches listed below. The first step is sending us an email with information about yourself, your organization, and how you hope to grow through coaching. Someone from COMPASS will respond to set-up a free phone call to answer any questions and to discuss which coach might be the best fit for you.